Friday, August 24, 2012

Bumpdate :: Week 28


How far along: 28 Weeks HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER!!

Baby's size: Eggplant. Fitting since Ivalle made a giant batch of moussaka this week.

  Sleep: Pretty great. I've been trying to practice waking up before 7 so I am ready when school starts. I'm torn between that concept and sleeping as long as I can since these might be the last moments I get to sleep in for the rest of my life.

Food cravings: Pop Corn (This section is pretty ridiculous because I can't tell if these are cravings or if I just really like to eat. Basically I am hungry all of the time but get full really fast. I'm just noting things that taste really good.

Symptoms I have: Still getting a little (a lot) emotional about once a week due to all of the decisions we are going to be making about this wee one's life.

Doctor’s Appointment: Next appointment is September 17th. At my last appointment everything was measuring right on track. Oh, and I passed my glucose test!

Movement: Still lots of kicks and movement first thing in the morning.

Gender: Boy Oh Boy!

What I’m looking forward to: Getting the living room ready for baby. Ivalle had this brilliant idea to focus on making the living room more kid friendly which involved buying new couches. I was thrilled when he brought it up because he is not usually inspired to re-decorate. We found the perfect couches, a new tv stand with space for some toy boxes, and we are hoping to find a kid friendly rug as well. Possibly Flor carpet tiles.

What I miss: Not much really. Putting on my shoes without propping my feet up on a chair.

Other: I feel absolutely amazing this week. I couldn't be happier and more excited about my little man and my growing family! I have to say, taking these bump photos seemed a little silly at first, but now that I have a bunch under my (expanding) belt, it has been super fun to go back and look at the transition. I'm really glad I did it and can't wait to see the full set at the end.